Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hurry Up...And Wait.

Today was a great day.... but also a frustrating one.

Weston had a little bit of a rough patch last night. He wanted to be awake when mom and dad needed some rest. He mostly just wanted to scream all night. Nursing has had some successes and a few troubled spots. Mom is doing the best we know how. Finally met with some great staff at UMMC today that had expertise, wisdom and insight. I have to say that the blessing in this huge process is the Nursing staff, and Charge Nurses. My hats go off to anyone that is nurse in any hospital. YOU are the reason this experience has been manageable. Thanks to the staff at UMMC for what they have done. We are grateful for good nurses.

Mom is doing well. The only hope in all of it is that she gets some good rest. Between Weston's crying the last two nights and having to deal with "Momma" issues.... it has been a hard couple of days. The blessing today was that Grandma Ardis came by and offered lots of help while Jeremy took a HUGE mental break.

We are grateful for good Grandparents tonight. Lee took us out for "Breakfast" or as some might call it lunch with the old people. We are grateful for the love and support we have been given through the family we have. I can't imagine where we would be without them.

Weston's surgeon is out of town or on vacation. So while they told us last night we would have an option to make a decision if he should have surgery asap, or wait a few months...the final call is up to the Surgeon.... so we wait until Monday or Tuesday. The way things are looking right now if he has surgery it will be on Wednesday as he is booked on the calendar already. If he doesn't...we don't know when that will be.

I hopefully will have more pictures in the coming days... but most of the ones are the same. He pretty much eats, poops, and squawks all day long. If you would like to visit you most certainly can... we just ask that you call first to let us know you are interested in coming.

Dad is doing ok. After having the realization today that there is a reason I don't carry a hand gun... I figured it would be best if I went home. So I did. Took a few hours, did some laundry and just took care of me for a few minutes... was enough of a break and a life saver. Now I am back with a new attitude.

Thanks for the continued prayers and support. Though my patience is wearing out... I know I can make it because I am not in it alone. I am so very blessed by my family, church family and friends. Thanks for helping us get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment